返回列表 回復 發帖

[新聞] Ferguson 'less optimistic' over Berbatov signing

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted that Dimitar Berbatov's potentialmove to Manchester United could have hit a snag by revealing he was'less optimistic' about new signings.

GettyImages
The Bulgarian was benched last weekend at Boro, and did not make the squad for the defeat to Sunderalnd.

TheBulgarian has made it clear that he would like a move to Old Trafford,but Tottenham are determined that their £30m price-tag will be met.
Withjust four days until the transfer window closes, Berbatov's futureremains uncertain and his hopes of a switch to United look to havetaken a blow with Ferguson appearing frustrated with negotiations.
'I'm less optimistic, so we'll carry on,' Ferguson said.
'I've no idea what's going on. It's very hard to get communication with some people in life.'
Itis understood that Berbatov's agent Emil Danchev is in London for talkswith Spurs manager Juande Ramos and chairman Daniel Levy in a bid tothrash out the striker's future, while the 27-year-old was left out ofthe squad for Saturday's defeat by Sunderland with Ramos claiming theplayer was not focused enough.
Meanwhile, United striker WayneRooney would love to see another striker arrive at the club as theylook to defend their double from last season, but admitted that thesquad could manage without.
'There's been a lot of talk about bringing a new forward in to strengthen the side and that would be a good move,' he said.
'But if we don't get someone in, then I'm sure we can cope with that.'
Indeed, Tottenham sporting director Damien Comolli is hopeful that Berbatov will be staying at White Hart Lane.
When asked if Berbatov would still be at Spurs when the transfer window closes, Comolli told Sky Sports News: 'I hope so, of course.
'He's a very good player and, as Juande (Ramos) has said many times, we're delighted he's with us.
'I don't really want to comment about speculation, but we just hope he's going to stay.'
返回列表