返回列表 回復 發帖

[新聞] Keane points to Fergie hunger

Sunderland boss Roy Keane feels his mentor Sir Alex Ferguson is breeding the next generation of top class managers.
Keane spent the key years of his playing career working under Ferguson at Manchester United and he believes the Scot instils a hunger in his players that prompts them to pursue a career in management.
Keane will lock horns with Steve Bruce, Paul Ince and Mark Hughes this season, all of whom worked under Ferguson, and he has revealed the likes of Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt and Ole Gunnar Solakjaer are heading down the management road by taking their coaching badges.
The Irishman is aware there is no monetary incentive for the Old Trafford players to head into management and feels praise needs to go to Ferguson for instilling a hunger into his charges.
”I'll be coming up against Incey, Sparky, Brucey, obviously Sir Alex," Keane told the Daily Telegraph. "And, hopefully, the likes of Giggsy, Gary and Ole when they get their qualifications, and Henning [Berg] if he came to work over here in the future.
"I have kept in touch with them. Obviously, Ole is now taking over as the reserve-team manager at United, and I think he's been on his A-badge. It's great that he's doing it with the reserve team at United. He's going to be working with very talented young boys. Ole was always going to go down that road. I know Giggsy and Neville have been on the course, Butty is in the process of doing his as well.
"It's great that these lads, who have all had great careers, want to do this. These lads certainly don't need the money, they probably don't need the hassles, but they obviously want to put something back into the game. They have the hunger.
"These lads could be putting their feet up on a beach but that's not what life's all about - it's about testing yourself against the likes of Sir Alex.
"With Sir Alex you're pitting your wits against one of the managers who will probably go down as one of the greatest. Maybe that's why so many players who have worked with him are now becoming coaches and managers - he has that effect.”
返回列表