返回列表 回復 發帖

[新聞] 傑斯獲得文學碩士學位

Giggs is awarded honorary degree
Manchester United footballer Ryan Giggs has been awarded an honorary degree for his contribution to sport and charitable causes. Giggs, 34, was made a master of arts by the University of Salford in a ceremony at the Lowry Theatre. Collecting his award, he said: "I'm really pleased to accept this degree. "I grew up in Salford and it's been a big part of my life for 30 years, so it's great to be a part of Salford University now." The Cardiff-born midfielder beat Sir Bobby Charlton's record of 758 appearances for the Old Trafford club in May as the team secured another Premier League title. Giggs has won the Premier League 10 times with Manchester United as well as four FA Cups, two Champions League titles and two League Cups. Salford University Vice-Chancellor Professor Michael Harloe said: "It is not only his great achievements on the pitch for which he deserves recognition, but for his valuable charity work with developing countries." Aside from football, Giggs is an ambassador for Unicef and regularly campaigns for children in South Africa who have been made vulnerable by HIV and Aids. He was awarded an OBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours List last year for his services to football.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/7508195.stm

congra giggs..
返回列表