返回列表 回復 發帖

Ramos happy to stick it out at struggling Spurs

LONDON: Tottenham manager Juande Ramos laughed off reports that he is keen to return to Spain after a dismal goalless draw with Wigan kept his side bottom of the Premier League.
Spurs were booed off the pitch at half-time and again at the final whistle as the White Hart Lane faithful took out their frustrations on Ramos and his players.
The north London club, whose only win in six games this season was against Wisla Krakow in the UEFA Cup on Thursday night, turned in a lacklustre display against Wigan on Sunday and fashioned only one clear chance.
It was the last thing former Sevilla boss Ramos, appointed when Martin Jol was sacked last October, needed after reports on Sunday that he is homesick.
The Spanish coach insisted he will make a success of his time at Spurs given time to rebuild a team who lost Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane in pre-season.
“It’s not true at all (that I want to go home),” he said. “I am delighted to be in London and I’m delighted to be at Tottenham. I’m having a marvellous experience.
“We need time. Some players came in only just before the close of the transfer window and there have been big changes.
“The crowd made their reaction to the performance at the end and maybe it was just but I don’t think it is anything personal.
“We must still all work together and change the situation but it is a big pressure on the players at the moment.
返回列表