Board logo

標題: [新聞] Moyes accepts damages over Rooney allegation [打印本頁]

作者: nikotina    時間: 2008-6-3 07:36 PM     標題: Moyes accepts damages over Rooney allegation

LONDON (AFP) - Everton manager David Moyes accepted substantial libel damages at the High Court on Tuesday over an allegation in Wayne Rooney's autobiography which accused him of a "serious breach of trust".
Moyes was paid an undisclosed sum by Manchester United and England forward Rooney, co-author Hunter Davies and publisher HarperCollins.
Rooney's book - My Story So Far - claimed Moyes caused "a serious breach of trust towards a young player under his management" because he allegedly told a local newspaper of a private conversation with Rooney, during which the star stated his intention to leave Everton.
The Everton boss's solicitor Edward Parladorio told the court that the allegation was "wholly untrue".
Moyes said in a statement: "I am glad that these issues have now been resolved and that my name has been fully cleared in this matter.
"Anyone who knows me well would, I hope, regard me as a man of honour and integrity.
"I was disappointed and wanted people to know that what had been written was completely untrue.
"I felt that I had no choice but to take action for a full apology and damages.
"Having accepted these, I do not intend to make any financial gain from this and shall give that to the Everton Former Players Foundation.
"All of the above said, we have now moved on and I wish Wayne and his family all the best for the future both on the field and off it."
作者: wlt1110    時間: 2008-6-3 09:03 PM

事情终于解决了!

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.77:8898/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0