Board logo

標題: [新聞] Young duo leave OT [打印本頁]

作者: nikotina    時間: 2008-5-25 04:48 PM     標題: Young duo leave OT

Up-and-coming United stars Tom Heaton and Kieran Lee will ply their trade elsewhere next season.

GoalkeeperHeaton will spend the 2008/09 season on loan at Cardiff City, while Leehas signed a permanent deal with Oldham Athletic.

FA Cupfinalists Cardiff confirmed 22-year-old Heaton will be at Ninian Parknext season, with manager Dave Jones admitting he’s had an eye on thestopper for some time.

“We’re really pleased to be securing the services of an England U21 goalkeeper,” Jones told the Bluebirds’ official website.

“I’mgrateful to Sir Alex for allowing him to come to us and it shows we arebuilding relationships with the best team in Europe.”

Meanwhile,Lee, a key figure for United's Reserves in recent years, has joinedLeague One outfit Oldham Athletic on a free transfer. After spendingthe second half of the 2007/08 campaign on loan at Queens Park Rangers,19-year-old Lee signed a two-year deal while the Reds were in Moscow.

“The club took a lot of the young lads to Moscow to see the Champions League final,” Lee told Oldham’s website,“but I came here to sign instead. It was definitely one of my aims tojoin a local team and when Oldham came along it was perfect for me.

“Hopefully I can get plenty of games. I’m certainly happy with everything I’ve seen so far.”

Leeplayed three times for United’s first team, memorably scoring anextra-time winner against Crewe Alexandra in the 2006/07 Carling Cup.

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://5.39.217.77:8898/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0