: E9 x }2 L/ G; Y; e# f0 H1 T( O! {2 N5.39.217.77:8898(Q: elaboration of storm cloud)' w/ e+ Z5 H2 f" A
There were talks about reinterpreting a decision of the courts of long standing. That is one specific matter. And the atmosphere created by the mere fact that this cause of being made, would constitute the rest of it." W- z5 u$ j. T& P
* G4 u; s: Q1 O) `4 w: S- A9 d( f公仔箱論壇 h* w3 I3 t: `/ d. W* \tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb(Q: Elsie Leung criticizing the judges)TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。5 A$ b$ ^0 e! e5 d! y# E5 P
Well there were things being said even before Ms. Leung spoke. Ms Leung has expressed her views, which is perfectly entitled to express. But equally people who had disagreed with her, are perfectly entitled to express their disagreement. I happen to agree them.tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb4 ~- E. p' v* L8 S6 v4 e4 p) O& P
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb6 H& x- d1 Y# W6 t W1 z * x& L4 ^3 F# u% i; d0 c4 S% k
(Q: whether Leung's comments would affect the judges) $ M: ~1 @4 Y# t E. d% p# `' etvb now,tvbnow,bttvbI don't think so. I have faith in them to decide independently. Sometimes something has to be taken on faith. I know the judges. And other people don't.So I’m not going to insist that I’m right. And those people who worry are wrong. But time will tell. And i think the judges will do the right thing. 3 j5 Q. d' y9 Z : T8 G7 V- q* Z& x/ {; x/ e- y5.39.217.77:8898tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb# O" j; w/ I: M/ b& V
(Q: whether independence of justice is being jeopardized) 7 [/ v* l* _% H N0 k/ s t- B公仔箱論壇No.She expressed her view. You can't jeopardize the independence of justice in Hong Kong, simply by expressing these views. If her views were acted upon, the situation might be different.But people can say what they like. Justice would be very delicate if it was jeopardized every time somebody says something. * g$ d0 U& E, N) }+ h. Z a8 Q) G- f+ t( y8 J9 f& L (Q: Leung saying she has freedom of speech) 5 A8 }6 s/ M: A M公仔箱論壇I think that she did have the right to say it. People who disagree with her have the right to express disagreement. And as I said, I happen to agree with them very firmly. But I don't think we can say that she wasn't untitled to say it.The wisdom of it is a matter of whom to judge. But if you choose to say it,then you're entitled to say it. Free speech is very easy to give other people if you only give them free speech to say what you agree with. But it's often been said by generations of judges, that you truly believe in free speech, ifyou're prepared to () it, to the people whose views who profoundly disagree with, and which you even think are dangerous,this is what free speech is about.6 \; F( l* {2 @* O) K9 X
' a3 T; d4 V3 k- ~# a ~, D& j3 L; j公仔箱論壇5 E3 K( T5 K+ Y) F$ W
(Q: CJ's reaction)公仔箱論壇) X3 m. J- {/ ]$ i. I; y
I suppose it's a bit difficult for him. We have to see what he does. Some people might have wished he would express himself more firmly. Some people think the calls he took was wise. It's for him to judge.tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb! G# i6 C& z( ~ - c" [4 U6 e, q9 |3 ?) p$ v# c/ ITVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。 : B0 L& G) t% F; B8 }/ ~(Q:Leung saying judges have made some mistakes)公仔箱論壇+ W G8 k" R& j9 k- R5 |
[smile]I believe she thinks we have. But we haven't.tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb% J3 r: C1 w6 _, I& E e
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb3 b) K0 e; L" K* O/ ?$ A) g2 O ; B& [* {+ e% H; y8 ?' I' R, C(Q: Leung emphasizing judges should consider the relationship between HONG KONG and China). P) f5 q" Z' u) z+ w) ^
No judge can fail to consider the relationship, when the relationship is the one under the one country two systems principle. $ s _$ a3 ^& ]$ ]3 |3 T( vTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。 ; a- ~# e1 r7 G% u1 t5 ATVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。 3 k8 q+ `8 R+ t公仔箱論壇(Q: storm cloud) 6 \0 z0 C6 @ k9 H' w+ x+ o a5.39.217.77:8898I describe it as clouds of storm of unprecedented ferocity. I chose those words carefully. I think that's exactly what it is. But if your faith in rule of law is only when there are no problems, then you have no faith in rule of law a tall. 2 U/ T( u% C- G% K0 O3 J0 a5 y( tTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。Remember that the free media is itself a very powerful component, may be the most powerful component in the defense of rule of law. So you're not just bystanders, you're the major players, may be THE most important player in it. I feel sorry of people who just sit and worry about it, but they don't include you. You're the free media and you have voice. You should use your voice.; b* |: X) p- i) l% f
# J, X% Q( ?% [2 M' ]TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。 ! |& R8 r* l* g0 c公仔箱論壇(Q: about CY Leung) 5 {6 t$ Z, [$ ?7 B% c& e3 ]tvb now,tvbnow,bttvbPeople of Hong Kong understand their rights. And I don't think things have changed. I don't think things would have been any different if there have been a different chief executive. The commitment of the people to rule of law and freedom of HONG KONG is unshakable.% ], g7 Y* R, l
d; Y; x8 |* H6 s( r2 e4 v% C9 btvb now,tvbnow,bttvbtvb now,tvbnow,bttvb! L5 x2 l+ h$ |/ _ (Q: whether judges no longer dare to give independent judgment like you) 7 Q4 y6 e* g2 y, r5.39.217.77:8898No,I have no reason to doubt their courage. We have seen things differently. And I am sorry that I won't be there with them in times ahead. After midnight tonight I’ll be non-permanent judge. I suspect the cases they ask me to deal with will not be those type of cases. After all if they want me to deal with those cases, they will ask me to stay on. Therefore I won't be share these difficulties with my brothers and I’m sorry for that. But I have faith in them.TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。, q) b( P8 w# ~1 P' q6 j8 p3 o
m6 a5 ]8 U: {2 v' Y9 T; m5.39.217.77:8898公仔箱論壇4 a+ i9 B8 n; Y9 Y e, D$ `$ w (Q: storm cloud) - Q2 H6 @: J+ R+ TI think the storm cloud comes from anybody, whether he or she may be, who doesn't appreciate the one country two systems principle. Now why was this principle necessary to be clear? Once the handover took place, it would be one country.Nobody would have articulated the one country principle, because it's so obvious. The one country two systems principle design, is to emphasize that despite the fact as one country, it is two-systems. 2 I1 h! j* ^2 K5 |公仔箱論壇0 H% q: o: J1 w
I don't think that I’m interested in identifying particular individual for where they come from. If you do not understand this principle, and everything it means to the ordinary people of Hong Kong, then you're generating the storm that I’m talking about. * c' l' B, O1 N8 }8 A$ { ) D: I3 H& H2 y* X+ L公仔箱論壇TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。7 s+ I$ |0 w) T+ Y* o8 S
/ A7 Z3 p# J3 A, w+ j- X" `8 ]% Ytvb now,tvbnow,bttvb(Q: are there more people disrespecting the principle?)1 J0 R5 Y2 D! x4 ] y' c W" N
No I don't think it's drawing in numbers. May be they're raising their voices more than before. I don't think it's more people. In fact I think there are more people now who respect the system than when I started (my career), simply because some people who were born when I started have now grown up to the age of knowledge and understanding. So the number of people that understands the system and the rule of law has grown, not diminished. : P" [% i& B" N. T: `tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb公仔箱論壇* p+ ]8 r; x$ l$ x0 a( B. T
% D+ j: ?6 _9 ?5 _(Q: about dismissal)5.39.217.77:88989 u# D- W! Q7 s6 O$ a7 E" o
Who knows? I give my judgment. I don't want to speculate. If I was denied, that I’ve in fact been dismissed, then some people would say, what if his denial is wrong, either because he is saying that he hasn't been dismissed even though he has, or because he believes that he hasn't been dismissed when he has?Supposing(ly) I just denied that, it wouldn't be a good idea.5.39.217.77:8898$ S0 O* B6 n3 F6 s* x3 O
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。! U2 }/ u0 N: d- w
So let me say this. If you don't think it's a problem, that's the end of it. If you think that it's a problem, then whether you're member of the media, the profession or the academy or anything else, that should not diminish your determination to uphold the rule of law. That should increase your determination.tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb3 Q. \$ o9 @, [# w
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。( b) |+ L9 ]9 c' x
Let’s not worry about what has happened to me. Let’s just say, assume the worst if you like. That doesn't diminish your duty to uphold the rule of law. It increases your duty to uphold the rule of law.5.39.217.77:8898: ?! W1 z3 N) t2 A3 m2 \3 C
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。8 C1 P6 Z/ y5 ~# [0 }
You're the media. You have a role to play. Therefore you're the farthest to worry about than anybody else. People who feel powerless would just feel that they're tossed in winds of events. But you people make things happen. So don't be discouraged.: V, J: W" {) A/ B0 @" @" T
# \8 C) N( m- X! o8 J
If you think there's any problem that should increase your determination to support the judiciary. If you think there's no problem, that's fine. If you think there's a problem, you have to support the judiciary more than before. I have great faith in the judges. 4 S! d* M6 T- J( f5 ]& P8 }tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb ) q* g0 N. ]2 e; p6 eTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。. R1 ]! f4 ]! n (Q: feeling of retirement). c8 t7 \ z9 \# O& ?' N* @
I’m sorry to go. I will be going to active retirement and it does give more time for the family. I’m not unaware of the positive sides of it, but on the whole I’m sorry to go. Mainly because there may be problems and I will be on the sidelines. It would not be pleasant not to be there for the most difficult times. But whatever happens it happens.8 h7 L k! i6 }/ C- H
- H2 l: i; z& [, r$ P9 jTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。/ w# r- `* j2 Z0 M& F# ]( U7 s (Q: interpretation of Basic Law)tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb, j8 |: d L1 O9 D+ i. ~# q
The duty of the court to seek an interpretation is laid down by the Basic Law. And the basic law contemplates that the court will discharge that duty. And the court should discharge that duty in those cases where an interpretation is sought. But if the court doesn't seek an interpretation, then i think seeking reinterpretation is fundamentally wrong. # C, f& V! c5 j, K公仔箱論壇tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb0 K5 m ?: Z! j+ p" E+ o
(To media)Thank you very much. Continue to do your good work.# f+ [3 b0 X" y- z+ H
, v% `( g# t2 \; ETVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。: q; w% C# O) U) D8 h2 B Y (Q: few words to the public)& [3 q! {, r% w
We're very lucky to have free media in HONG KONG.公仔箱論壇) V, _& H$ K3 |- k